HEY SOUTHWEST MINNEAPOLIS COMMUNITY!
I am offering five minute family portraits in our neighborhood (Southwest Minneapolis generally includes: Linden Hills, East Harriet, Kingfield, Fulton, Lynnhurst, Tangletown, Armatage, Kenny and Windom). The purpose of this project is to bring us together when we might feel isolated. I aim to highlight the faces of our community during a time when we might not see them in passing at the grocery store or coffee shop. Participating in this project is also an opportunity to step up to help those who need it most right now in Minneapolis. In exchange for the digital file of your portrait, I am asking you to make a good faith donation to Second Harvest Heartland.
This is not a typical get-dressed-up-and-pose-for-the-photographer session. Want to stand outside in your pajamas and slippers? Sounds good to me. Mismatched clothes and messy hair? Perfect. Need an excuse to throw on a cute outfit and slap on some make-up? Do it. Whatever you choose. Be you.
This project was dreamed up by Cara Soulia, a family photographer in Boston. I learned about it through my photographer friend Molly of Sweet Hearts Photography — based in Edina. (If you are a photographer yourself, please consider joining in!)
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
1. Schedule your session here. If all current sessions are booked, send me an email at email@example.com stating your interest. I will reply when more sessions become available.
2. Make a donation to Second Harvest Heartland through this GoFundMe campaign. This allows me to track our community contribution through this project. The suggested amount is $50, but pay what you can — this is open to everyone!
3. Step outside at your scheduled time. I will stand near your driveway or curb — at least 10 feet away — and take a few quick portraits of your crazy bunch cuddled together.
4. I will email you the digital file of your portrait.
5. Share your portrait on Instagram and/or Facebook with the hashtag #thefrontstepsproject. Help spread the word! In order to participate, you also need to be willing to have your portrait shared on Sarah Karnas Photography social media.